Moldova: 10% din femei se prostituiaza peste hotare

Anatolie

Mesajul ar fi mai la locul lui in "Social", insa din lipsa lui... Si poate deja a fost discutat in alte parti pe forum... insa iata informatia trista:

Preston Mendenhall de la MSNBC spune ca
"Nicaieri nu nu este traficul mai rau ca in Moldova, unde expertii estimeaza ca de la caderea Uniunii Sovietice intre 200,000 si 400,000 femei au fost vindute ca prostituate probabil pina la 10 la suta din populatia de femei a tarii.

Numerele sunt incredibile, si Liuba Revenko de la Organizatia Internationala de Migratie in Moldova spune ca sclavia acestor femei a devenit rutina. Moldovenii sunt o populatie hibrida de rusi, romani, everei, ucrainieni si bulgari" spune Revenko". "Asta creaza o rasa de femei care sunt frumoase si dorite. Nu au viitor. Sunt o tinta buna pentru traficanti".

preluat din http://www.comp-help.com/index.asp?MID=26

niko said:
uite aici doamna liuba a cam nimerit-o ... :lol:

Unde anume "aici"? In Propozitia 1, 2 sau 3+4? :wink:

Ceva mi se pare straniu in matematica lui Preston Mendenhall :-?

trebuie sa fi total stupid sa crezi asemenea bazaconie...probabil statistica se refera la 10% dintre femeile intre 16 si 30 de ani. Daca se refera la toate femeile ar insemna ca aprox 50% dintre femeile intre 16-30 de ani se prostitueaza in RM...o tampenie desigur...

Niko, mie mi-a placut mai mult a 2. :D

Cam se bat cap in cap "200.000 si 400.000" si "pina la 10 la suta din populatia de femei a tarii", stiind ca populatia totala este de 4,5 milioane.

Da, idea cu "populatie hibrida" care "creaza o rasa de femei"... e cam din pod, insa trebuie de acceptat ca fetele noastre sunt frumoase :D

In fine, cred ca cifrele se refera anume la varsta de cca 16-30 ani. Si cum n-ai da, cifrele sunt foarte alarmante. Cu atat mai mult ca se potrivesc cu multe alte materiale care apar recent prin presa occidentala.

La ce am ajuns, oameni buni? :(
Si la ce credeam ca o sa ajungem cu mentalitatea si atitudinea din Moldova?

pai ce sa te mai miri ca si aici la tv a fost o emisiune cu tema prostitutie si ce crezi, mare mi-a fost mirarea ca, subiectul principal era o prostituata din moldova care si-a povestit toata istoria. plus s-a transmis drumul ei spre casa filmat tot, intrarea in casa, copilul mic, de vreo 4-5 ani pe care il avea nici n-a recunoscut-o ... acuma n-am prin emisiunea de la inceput si nu stiu daca de aici plecau sau de undeva din europa. si uite asa ...

Fiti seriosi, cine pleaca stie perfect unde si pentru ce. La inceput, da, dar acum este experienta de ceva ani si nu cred ca mai sunt fete care "sunt silite sa se prostitueze". Nu neg, pot fi cazuri dar majoritatea pur si simplu prefera sa lucreze cu partea de jos a maduvii spinarii decat cu creierul in intregime. Este mai usor.

Foarte in detaliu. Vezi toate 10 pagini.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/01/25/m...075611600&en=2a0acf1044fe53b0&ei=5062

extrase:
"... In Chisinau, the capital of the former Soviet republic of Moldova -- the poorest country in Europe and the one experts say is most heavily culled by traffickers for young women -- I saw a billboard with a fresh-faced, smiling young woman beckoning girls to waitress positions in Paris. But of course there are no waitress positions and no ''Paris.'' Some of these young women are actually tricked into paying their own travel expenses -- typically around $3,000 -- as a down payment on what they expect to be bright, prosperous futures, only to find themselves kept prisoner in Mexico before being moved to the United States and sold into sexual bondage there. ..."

"... Once the Mexican traffickers abduct or seduce the women and young girls, it's not other men who first indoctrinate them into sexual slavery but other women. The victims and officials I spoke to all emphasized this fact as crucial to the trafficking rings' success. ''Women are the principals,'' Caballero, the Mexican federal preventive police officer, told me. ''The victims are put under the influence of the mothers, who handle them and beat them. Then they give the girls to the men to beat and rape into submission.'' Traffickers understand that because women can more easily gain the trust of young girls, they can more easily crush them. ''Men are the customers and controllers, but within most trafficking organizations themselves, women are the operators,'' Haugen says. ''Women are the ones who exert violent force and psychological torture.'' ..."

"... The traffickers' harvest is innocence. Before young women and girls are taken to the United States, their captors want to obliterate their sexual inexperience while preserving its appearance. For the Eastern European girls, this ''preparation'' generally happens in Ensenada, a seaside tourist town in Baja California, a region in Mexico settled by Russian immigrants, or Tijuana, where Nicole, the Russian woman I met in Los Angeles, was taken along with four other girls when she arrived in Mexico. The young women are typically kept in locked-down, gated villas in groups of 16 to 20. The girls are provided with all-American clothing -- Levi's and baseball caps. They learn to say, ''U.S. citizen.'' They are also sexually brutalized. Nicole told me that the day she arrived in Tijuana, three of her traveling companions were ''tried out'' locally. The education lasts for days and sometimes weeks. ..."

"... In Europe, girls and women trafficked for the sex trade gain in value the closer they get to their destinations. According to Iana Matei, who operates Reaching Out, a Romanian rescue organization, a Romanian or Moldovan girl can be sold to her first transporter -- who she may or may not know has taken her captive -- for as little as $60, then for $500 to the next. Eventually she can be sold for $2,500 to the organization that will ultimately control and rent her for sex for tens of thousands of dollars a week. (Though the Moldovan and Romanian organizations typically smuggle girls to Western Europe and not the United States, they are, Matei says, closely allied with Russian and Ukrainian networks that do.) ..."

etc, etc, etc.... Sint mai multe detalii decat vrei sa stii...

Tot din acelasi articol -

"... In Eastern Europe, too, the typical age of sex-trafficking victims is plummeting; according to Matei of Reaching Out, while most girls used to be in their late teens and 20's, 13-year-olds are now far from unusual. ..."

"... Typically, a young trafficking victim in the U.S. lasts in the system for two to four years. After that, Bales says: ''She may be killed in the brothel. She may be dumped and deported. Probably least likely is that she will take part in the prosecution of the people that enslaved her.'' ..."

Poor Moldovans lured into sex trade

By Emma Jane Kirby
BBC correspondent, Moldova

Ruthless sex traders are exploiting tens of thousands of young women from Moldova who are desperately seeking a better life outside Europe's poorest country.

Prostitution is rife on Moscow streets

Florica's blunt fingers moved her knitting needles inexpertly.

Occasionally she scowled and put her hand to her stomach - she was eight months pregnant and clearly uncomfortable.

Florica had not planned this pregnancy. She was carrying the child of the man who had raped her and who had then sold her into prostitution in Russia.

Today was her 17th birthday.

"Happy Birthday, dear!" cooed Lilia, a big, homely-looking woman who was sitting beside Florica and her two sisters.

Lilia was the local psychiatrist and she gave me the rough outline of Florica's story. Rejected by their mother, all three girls had found themselves on the streets.

The sisters were brutally beaten, chained to beds and forced to have sex with hundreds of men

They were easy prey for the "traffickers", the criminal gangs who seek out vulnerable women, con them into believing they can offer them great jobs abroad, before forcing them to work as prostitutes.

When Florica was told she and her sisters would be working in an office in Paris, she had no hesitation in boarding the bus for Romania, from where she expected to make the long journey to France.

It did not happen, of course.

The sisters were brutally beaten and bundled into a car bound for Moscow, where for the next six months they were chained to beds and forced to have sex with hundreds of men.

Blind risk

I looked over again at Florica who was still knitting mechanically, staring into space with dull eyes.

Lilia seemed to know what I was thinking. "She's not quite alive, is she?" she whispered.

"Once, I asked her how she felt, being raped by all those men, and she told me that at first it was so cruel she was sure she had gone to hell, and then after a few days it just didn't matter any more, because she had ceased to matter."

And the most frightening thing is that to many people in Moldova, Florica really does not matter. Or at least they cannot afford for her to matter.

Moldova is Europe's poorest country. In the capital city, Chisinau, the average wage is about $2 a day. In the countryside, it is half that.

And that is what prompts so many people to look for work abroad. One in three Moldovans now live outside their country.

The hope of a more prosperous future means risk is embraced almost blindly. Tell a desperate girl like Florica a fairytale about France and she will believe you because she wants, and perhaps needs, to believe you.

Grim reality

Teaching young women the art of reading between the lines is the goal of one of the charity groups working in Moldova, the International Organisation for Migration.

It is sponsoring the screening of a special film called Lilja 4-Ever in all Moldovan secondary schools.

Lilja 4-Ever is a gritty, frightening movie which many Western European parents might object to their teenage daughters seeing.

Sixteen-year-old Lilja, abandoned by her mother, is left to fend for herself until she meets a man in a bar who promises her a flashy job in Sweden. When she arrives in Stockholm, of course, that flashy job turns out to be prostitution and there are graphic scenes as Lilja is shown being brutalised by scores of old and dirty men.

Watching the film in a Chisinau high school one afternoon, I was embarrassed to find I was crying.

The actress playing Lilja was a slender blonde and she shared no physical resemblance with Florica, but there was something about her eyes which was all too familiar; dead eyes which reflected nothing and which entertained no hope.

I should not have been self-conscious about the tears, all around me the students were sobbing. Many of them would have had older sisters or friends who had gone abroad and who had then mysteriously failed to write home ever again.

"However much we need money," instructed their teacher after the film was finished, "we must not be tempted to take risks."

Poverty

Money is needed everywhere including, I discovered, at the local police station.

Superintendent Ion Bejan had kindly agreed to talk to us about the Moldovan police force's efforts to crack down on the trafficking gangs who were targeting girls like Florica.

He was embarrassed as he showed us into his office at Chisinau police station; he did not have much furniture, he said, and he apologised for the room being a bit dark, but not all the lights had bulbs in them.

We do not have enough patrol cars, we cannot afford enough officers and our weapons are old
Superintendent Ion Bejan

On his spacious desk there were a few neat piles of paper folders which he tapped proudly.

"All our solved cases," he said. "The Moldovan police force really is cracking down on the trafficking gangs."

But I know that Florica's case notes are not among those triumphant papers. I know that because I am aware the police have not even begun an investigation into what happened to her.

It is not that they do not care, they simply do not have the funding for yet another case.

When I called up the Chisinau police station and asked one of the officers if we could drive to the Romanian border with them to film their work at the crossing point - the spot where Florica had been sold - there was an awkward silence on the line before a strained voice responded.

"Well, could you possibly pay for our petrol?" they said. "You see, we only get a limited amount for the week."

Superintendent Bejan is a proud man and he does not like it when I mention money.

As soon as I say I want to start filming him he excuses himself. He goes to a cupboard in the corner and pulls out a beautifully pressed uniform - carefully preserved in plastic sheets - so that he might "look more the part."

Once you meet a girl who has been sold into the sex trade and you see the terrible injuries she has received, you want to get the man that did it to her
Superintendent Ion Bejan

Once dressed, he sits down again behind his vast desk. And then suddenly I realise why the desk looks so big. The Chief of the Moldovan Police Force does not even have a computer.

"No, we do not have much, " he agrees miserably. "It is pretty hard to keep track of cases when you only have paper records. It makes sharing information across different districts a bit difficult."

He looks down at his paper folders and becomes more animated.

"We do not have enough patrol cars, we cannot afford enough officers, our weapons are old and, well...," he points to my chair. I am sitting on an old car seat which has been glued to two lumps of metal.

It is a known fact that where there is abject poverty in a society, there is usually overt corruption too. Superintendent Bejan acknowledges the problem but says he is confident things are improving.

"It used to be really bad," he said. "But now the officers are committed to stopping trafficking. Once you meet a girl who has been sold into the sex trade and you have seen for yourself the terrible injuries she has received, well, you want to get the man that did it to her, you want him brought to justice."

Go-between

I thought of Florica back in her hostel, silently knitting baby clothes for her rapist's child and I knew that she had long given up any hope that justice would come her way.

"But people are caught," insisted the superintendent, and perhaps to drive home the point, he suggested I go down to the police cells to meet someone he had arrested last week on suspicion of trafficking. I agreed to go.

The jail was in the basement, it was a dungeon, a place of childhood nightmares; damp, dark corners with peeling paint, and the fusty air was filled with the sound of strange, muffled shouts and cries.

The average income in Moldova is just a few dollars a day

"She is in here," said Bejan.

"She?" I asked incredulously.

"Oh yes" he smiled. "Svetlana is a woman and a family doctor. In Moldova, many people will do anything for a few dollars."

Svetlana's cell was tiny and it contained nothing but a filthy double bed which she shared with another woman.

Along the corridor, a radio was blasting out a maddening football chant. It could not be switched off, I was told - it was there to stop prisoners talking to each other.

Svetlana was a fat woman whose face was dripping with perspiration and tears. She stank of old meat.

"I was just the go-between," she kept saying. "I told you I did not know the girl was going to be sold to the traffickers. I just got the papers for her so she could go abroad."

"I know you are lying," said Bejan. "It was the girl herself who told us about you." Svetlana began to sob.

"I was not even paid," she insisted. "I was not even paid."

We have talked about poverty and corruption in the Moldovan police force... What makes you think the justice system is in any better shape?
Superintendent Ion Bejan

Superintendent Bejan asked if I had any questions for Svetlana. I asked her if she knew what had happened to the girl she had arranged the papers for her.

"She thought she was going to be a dancer in Germany," she said softly. "But she was made to work as a prostitute in Saudi Arabia."

I asked her if she felt bad about the part she had played in bringing the girl such unimaginable misery. Svetlana covered her face with her hands and wept.

Later, after she had been taken back to her cell, I became curious about the sentence she would receive if found guilty at her trial.

Superintendent Bejan smiled. "She will probably get away scot-free," he said. "We will get her to court and then she will probably just walk away at the end of it."

I looked at him incredulously and felt my face flush red with anger.

"We have talked about poverty and corruption in the Moldovan police force," he said politely. "What makes you think the Moldovan justice system is in any better shape?"

Unimaginable misery

It is sometimes difficult to remember that Moldova is a European country but if Romania succeeds in its bid to join the European Union, then Moldova will form the EU's external border.

With African levels of poverty, no-one is exactly on tenterhooks waiting for Moldova's accession date to be announced.

In fact, few people see any future in staying in the country. Day after day the bus stations, thick with diesel fumes, are packed with impatient people buying tickets for the battered, blue minibuses which will take them over the Romanian border.

I met one of the buses at the crossing point and talked to some of the young women on board who were jittery with excitement.

One of them, Elena, was about 19 and dressed from head to toe in fake Gucci, from her pink-tinted sunglasses to her synthetic leather mini skirt.

"I am not really going to Romania," she blurted, "I have got a friend in Italy, he is my boyfriend... well, I have not seen him for three years, but he says if I meet him in Romania, he can get me a job in a fashion house in Rome!"

I asked Elena warily if she was sure she could trust this "boyfriend" she had not seen for so long?

"He loves me!" she laughed. "It is a great chance for me."

An immigration officer stamped her passport and slipped a leaflet inside it.

"Can you be sure you are not the victim of a trafficking scam?" asked the leaflet, printed by an international charity organisation. "If you are worried," it said, "and want to talk to someone in confidence, call our hotline."

I felt a ridiculous urge to run after the bus, to thump on its windows and yell at Elena and her young friends to get off, to turn around, to go back. But to go back to what? A dollar a day?

A dollar a day when you know that just over the border is the real Europe, the Europe where people go to college, can find jobs, can afford to buy nice clothes? A chance, as Elena said, there was just a chance that it might work out OK.

But as I watched the bus recede into the distance, with Elena's grinning face beaming at me through the back window, I could not help wondering if that is how Florica had looked when, six months before, she had boarded a bus she thought was taking her to Paris.

Some of the names used in this article have been changed to protect identities.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/3878503.stm

Ar trebui poate ca moderatorii sau autorul topicului sa schimbe titlu temei...pentru ca e clar o aberatie aceasta "estimare" din partea "expertzilor".....venita din dezinformare ori reaintentzie, cum a mai zis cineva....sa stie lumea ca nu suntem o tzara de curve si racketzi, cum cred unii...scuzati termenii, dar sunt un pic indignat pentru oamenii care muncesk cinstit peste hotare, pacat ca majoritatea la negru si de aia nu se pot face baze de date reale cu forta de munca, ajungandu-se din cauza unor "tzaranci" naive care se ocupa cu alte activitatzi....la unele statistici complet ayurea in tramvai, prostie curata. Oricum problema totusi exista cu acele 20-30 de mii cate or fi ele...si trebuie gasite solutzii neaparat, altfel am dat de dracu' peste cativa ani...nici nu mai stii la ce sa te asteptzi de la Moldova asta...

De ce ati sters post-urile lui Syrus?Mie personal mi-au plakut.. erau klumea si adevarate...mai ales cand s-a prikalit de postul lui GULIKUL. In plus sunt de acord cu el, in multe privintze..."tyrfele" trebuie sa ramana acolo unde sunt...n-au ce cauta in Moldova...cred ca multi sunt de acord in privintza asta.
Parca nu era nimic ilegal acolo..sau poate au insistat Lia&Redneck ca sa luat de ei cu "traiasca US","moarte rushilor"...Nu va suparatzi Lia si Redneck,sunt nou pe forum...dar din cele citite pan acum, cam asta se intelege din posturile voastre... cred ca a generalizat si Syrus...Oricum avetzi unele probleme de echilibru' astai clar...

P.S:
Sunt de cateva zile pe forum si am observat ca exista un oarecare razboi intre tabere
... Redneck, Lia, NITROUS, Vali,... pe o parte si pe cealalta
xx, mafia, deleanu, han solo,gulikul , mircea kaag, syrus & CO...
Interesant...Est Coast...West Coast...trebu' de facut thread pe tema asta...

Back